How are you doing with the wait, guys? This whole going to work thing is not easy, especially because I have a number of major deadlines at work this week and I need to get them all done by Wednesday, so I am incredibly busy and really, I just want to look at Dragon*Con stuff and think about Dragon*Con and talk about Dragon*Con.
So here are some of the things I am doing to mitigate the anticipation:
1) This blog (duh). Having a place to count the days is certainly helpful!
2) Big giant happy smiley faces scrawled all over Labor Day Weekend on my calendar.
3) Playing with the Dragon*Con iPhone app, lots and lots.
4) Eyeing the 2012 Dragon*Con photo scavenger hunt list and trying to figure out where to find all these things–my two big person win photographs from last year were running into Dr. Stephen Granade and finding Timmy the ThinkGeek Monkey.
7) Listening to this podcast on repeat. So many bands that I liked from my band profling are in it! Calabrese! Ego Likeness! I: Scintilla! Die Sektor! Cruxshadows! A really good song by The Extraordinary Contraptions! So exciting, and a great way to get hyped for Con!
8) Packing (ungh).
9) Futzing with the last little bits of my costumes and my wigs and my makeup and my accessories.
10) Excitedly waiting to go pick up my Melisandre dress!
Again, those are just a few things that are keeping me sane until Thursday morning comes and I can get on the road to Atlanta. How are you managing these last few days before Dragon*Con?