1 DAY GUYS. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?! Time for a miscellaneous post of miscellany.
1) The Melisandre dress is ALMOST DONE. The neckline just needs to be hand-stitched, but I was able to get a shot of it almost completed today. It is SO BEAUTIFUL , I cannot WAIT to show it off at Con, and I cannot wait to put it on with the wig and the necklace and the belt. Seriously, so beautiful.
Yeah look at those sleeves, amazing right?!
2) If you want to be my Friend via the Dragon*Con app (and I love friends!!!) just let me know, and I’ll PM you a Friend Code, and we’ll all be friends, and it will be great. You can also follow me on Twitter, @Dilettantista, if you are social media-ish like that.
3) And now a series of video clips that make me happy. Many of these were included in the 2010 Dragon*Con Countdown but I don’t care, these re classics for a reason. And yes, many of these have a Star Trek tinge, so what?
Unngh isn’t it a bummer that Patrick Stewart isn’t coming? Whatevs, I’ll just reread how I talked to him at Dragon*Con 2009.
4) Last night I had a dream that I was eating lunch at Dragon*Con and Stan Lee sat with me, and he had a little fat dachshund mix named Alex with him, and in the corner someone was doing a Captain American — Melisandre multi-fandom costume, and it was all very perplexing and amazing and clearly my brain is very one track right now.
5) And then I just turned on The Today Show (like I usually do) and the ADORABLE two-face kitty was on, clearly it is a sign!!!
All right, back to work for me guys! I have costumes to finish and packing to do and so many preparations to make! And I’m also looking forward to making tons of new memories! Cheeeeeesy right?!
All right everyone, hang in there, one more dawn, one more day, one day more!