So like, a year ago (okay maybe more like a month ago), Pensive Pumpkin tagged me. Basically I have to answer a bunch of questions and then tag some other people in response. I’ve been putting this off for no real reason, so I might as well get to it now yeah?
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
Allright, random things, random things…
1. Despite my love of beauty and grooming I rarely get manicures, because I am extremely hard on my hands and they don’t last that long. I need a specific reason to get a manicure, like going to a fancy event. I got one yesterday (I was accompanying a friend, who has a job interview this week), and I decided to paint my nails this shade of blue. And then, today, I decided to clean my house like a maniac. And I pretty much messed up my manicure, so there you go.
2. Speaking of grooming, I never wear my hair in its natural state. I haven’t not blow-dried/flat ironed my hair in years. I’m not even sure, at this point, what it looks like when I let it dry natural. My hair is sort of curly/wavy, but curly/wavy hair doesn’t fit my self-image, which is generally put together and polished.
3. When I was younger I did a lot of oil painting. My mother still has most of them hanging in my childhood home. They weren’t all that good, and I tended to paint a lot of things involving fairies and dragons.
4. I have a plush Mickey Mouse collection. Said plushies are scattered between my childhood home in Florida and here, but they still exist. Even though I donated most of my childhood stuffed animals, I refused to get rid of the Mickeys.
5. I always take holiday decorations down the day after the holiday. Sometimes they will stay up until the following weekend, if it is a particularly busy work week, but any longer than that and I feel lazy. Parties are cleaned up the night of said party as well. I’m all about anticipation, but once the event is over it is OVER and decorations are just a sad reminder that it is over.
6. I watched Big Bird in China ten million times as a kid and, therefore, have always wanted to go to China. When I watched this (in the 80s) and asked my parents if we could go to China they’d always respond by saying it was too dangerous. I thought they meant that the Chinese dragons would come and get us as soon as we stepped off the plane.
7. Despite owning a lot of high heels I rarely wear them. They hurt my feet, and I tend to walk around a lot during the day. I’d love to be one of those people who wore heels all the time, but I do a lot for beauty. Like flat iron my hair every day. And wear Spanx a lot.
8. I took a tap class one summer when I was either in late high school or early college. I took it with my Mom. Neither of us were very good.
9. I used to scrapbook. I have a gorgeous scrapbook that I made after spending a summer in Italy. I stopped, mostly because it is time consuming and expensive, but I’d love to get back into it.
10. When I was 13, I wanted to be a Rabbi when I grew up.
11. I’m still driving the same car I received as a birthday present when I was 17: a red, 2002 Honda Civic. It will turn ten in about a month, and it has nearly 99,000 miles on it. Said Civic is still going strong!
Okay, so those maybe weren’t super interesting, but they were certainly random right? Here are Pensive’s questions:
1. Who is your favorite superhero? Um. Most of the comics I read are darkish and not really Superhero comics, so I’ll go for the good standard: Batman. He’s smart. Also, rich, which helps. But mostly smart.
2. What is your favorite of all your awesome body parts? So I, like Pensive, have amazing boobies. But I really like my wrists and ankles (is it cheating to say both?). They are really delicate and shapely–not much of me is delicate, although I am sort of shapely. Anyways, no cankles here!
3. How many careers have you gone through so far? Well, I’ve always wanted one career, and that was in the art world, and I have that now. But, I worked awhile in a high-end jewelry store while looking for an art job, so I guess I sidetracked in retail for a bit.
5. If you have the time and energy to cook anything you want, what do you cook? Um. That’s a hard one. Probably some sort of braise in my fancy-ass Le Creuset Dutch Oven.
6. If you could wake up in someone else’s body for the day, who would you be? That’s easy: I’d be a dude. Doesn’t have to be a famous dude, just a dude. I sort of want to have that experience of, you know, hair on my face and genitals on the outside. Maybe I’m crude, but it is good to know how the other half lives!
7. What would you do as that person? Okay so I’m definitely crude: I’d have sex with a lady. THERE I SAID IT.
8. What is your favorite book? I’m a big fan of A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving. I used it for my speech and debate piece one year, also.
9. You win one of those around the world plane tickets- where do you go first? Japan, of course.
10. What is your biggest struggle? I can be very judgmental and negative, I’m working on it.
11. What is your biggest goal in life? Find a work-life-love balance, having a postive impact on my community (clicheeeee, cheeeese), travel lots, stay in shape, not become a cat lady.
Okay I diiiiid it! Now here are some questions for other people:
1. You are making first contact with an alien race, how do you feel?
2. Cat person or dog person? Why?
3. If you could only listen to opera OR country music for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
4. Remember that Are You Afraid of the Dark episode where the girl got stuck in her own painting? If you had to get stuck in a painting, which painting would you choose?
5. Which fictional character (book, tv, movie etc.) do you wish was actually real?
6. What was your favorite subject in school/college?
7. Does the rug really tie the room together–what is your favorite piece of furniture/decoration in your house, and why?
8. You can live anywhere in the world for a year. Where would you live?
9. How old were you when you learned how to swim?
10. Guess what, you can re-do your career! What would you choose to study/be/pursue this time around?
11. A space ship is leaving for space, to colonize a new planet. You have the opportunity to be on said space ship, but you will never again see Earth, your family, or your friends. Will you go?
Okay so I tag…
1. Hundreds of Things. Good luck on your job interview!
3. A Girl With Kaleidoscope Eyes.
4. High Heeled Traveler.
5. Beryl Lynn.
6. Robot Attack.
7. This Old Street.
And um, my friends don’t really blog, so that’s all I know. Heh. Lame right? Anyways, I hope this was at least mildly entertaining for y’all!